Thursday, August 11, 2011

the begining

Currently I am serving in Napa as my first area and I love it. I love just about everything in Napa! The people that I meet are probably why I love it so much here.
But anyway, this blog is about my experiences as a sister missionary,(who is stateside and trying to learn spanish) and I hope that you will enjoy reading about them.

First thing it that I have already had so many miracles put in my path while I have been in Napa. Even last night we were walking to our car and we got contacted, someone stopped us by asking how and where we were learning Spanish. We then kept talking, and of course we talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and know we are going to go visit her. There have just been so many experiences that denote that nothing can stop the work of the Lord.

Even this morning we went to go to a lesson and also to check up on another person we teach and this morning we had made a goal to talk to the people we meet on the street. So on our way to our appointment we said hello to a man washing his car. Well neither of the people we wanted to visit were home so on our way back to our car we stopped and talked to him. Good thing we stopped and talked, we talked about who we were, missionaires and what our message was. Then he was the one that asked us for a pamphlet and then if we knew someone who was offering english classes, of course, that's us! Going to stop by again tomorrow.

Well I know these two moments might seem pretty small but it is a reminder that we do have a loving Heavenly Father who knows each of us personally by name and knows what is going on in our lives. I also know because of this knowledge, God has a purpose for each of us why we are here on the earth and that he provided a way to return to Him. That way is through Jesus Christ.

Here is a video that always lifts my spirts


 

No comments:

Post a Comment