Saturday, September 10, 2011

faith that is still growing

So you might think "oh she is a missionary, she has so much faith" What missionary doesn't in fact what member of the church doesn't? Well I am definitely learning that in this life we are learning to walk by faith. Yes it is hard and sometimes I even think to myself " Is this really worth all of the hard work that I put forth?" And every single time I ask myself this question the answer is always YES. I was actually reading in Ether 2 and 3 in the Book of Mormon, about a man and his faith. How he asks God to help him with his problem-go read it!

Well I  was definitely humbled this morning and realized that i am not fully relying upon the Lord for the things that he wants me to do. But I am here to stand before you today things like this happen, because we need to know what we need to change and improve upon in our lives. It reminds me of the story of Moses in the Pearl of Great Price Moses 1--God humbles Moses but at the same time ennobles, strengthens him,  God gives him confidence and power. This is the way the Lord works and yes it is hard but is is worth it. Keep it up look forward with faith with a perfect brightness of hope and a love for all men. 2 Nephi 31:20

No comments:

Post a Comment