Monday, October 31, 2011

The Holy Ghost

“True conversion comes through the power of the Spirit. When the Spirit touches the heart, hearts are changed.When individuals . . . feel the Spirit working with them, or when they see the evidence of the Lord’s love and mercy in their lives, they are edified and strengthened spiritually and their faith in Him increases. These experiences with the Spirit follow naturally when a person is willing to experiment upon the word. This is how we come to feel the gospel is true”

Elder M. Russel Ballard, Preach My Gospel p.93

It comes as a still small voice most of the time, but even more it comes as a feeling. A feeling to go talk to someone or to give them a call. Also another role of the Holy Ghost is to purify us and make us more like Christ. It is the Spirit that changes our motives and allows us to truly do what God would have us do. When we are constantly trying to do our best and when we ask the Lord for help, it is the Spirit that works with in our hearts.

I have been experiencing this in my life, when you pray for help from the Lord he will send His Spirit and as I have felt this in my own life I know that the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true and it has been restored in its fullness to the earth once more. I have come to know because of these feelings that come from the Holy Ghost. If you find that you are sad or don't understand a question or principle pray to the Lord for help that His Spirit my work with you so that you can learn what God wants for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment